Sunday, February 3, 2013

Voicethread...revisited.

So I used voicethread a few years back in my classroom and wondered if I could access it.  I returned to the site and was pleasantly surprised to find my account still there.  Where would it have gone?  The more amazing thing was I had remembered my login and password!  Here is one of the thread that I created with my students.  This was an Empowering Writers lesson.  The children created the giants then wrote about it.  I used a microphone to record each child reading their piece of work.




It was very easy to use. The children and their parents loved seeing and hearing their voices.
I think the best component to voicethread is the ability for others to leave comments for the students and their teacher.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love the way that you recorded the students' voices reading the story. It really seems to enhance the presentation. I would love to learn more about using voicethread- it seems like a great way to compile student work and share with parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! It's really easy to use and to share. My school had 1 PD day about it and then we were on our own! I can share the other ones I made with you on Thursday if you want.

      Delete
  2. VoiceThread is among my top favorite tools. Students who can speak but have limited writing skills can easily use it. I also like its collaborative features. Moreover, people at different locations can collaborate. In addition to using a microphone to record comments, comments can be videoed, another cool feature. Even if one does not have access to these peripherals, the plain ability to write comments is a powerful way to collaborate. Scott Boylen asked about doing a collaborative VoiceThread with his class. Just something to consider. Not sure if we can squeeze it, but many a group will want to get together and do it as a project in our course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...one of the best features was having my colleagues respond to something that I had created with my students. The students also were excited to see that the other teachers had viewed their work.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure your students loved this! This goes hand in hand with your project based learning! I think this is a great example of how to incorporate technology into a classroom, especially with younger students. Great job!

    ReplyDelete