Monday, February 18, 2013

Oh PBS, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

I have a confession-I am a PBS junkie! I love all things PBS.  My love started just about the time Sesame Street first aired on PBS.  Yes, I am that old! I still can sing many of the songs I learned from Big Bird, Oscar, and (my favorite) Snuffleuffagus. I can count like The Count (ah,ah,ah).  I knew Cookie Monster when he ate too many cookies! I cried when Mr. Hopper died. Enough reminiscing!

The best of both worlds!!






The point is I still enjoy finding and watching different shows on PBS. This past weekend I watched the Teacher Channel via PBS. Granted it was early in the morning and not really the time I want to think about lesson planning but the lesson being shown (high school math) was highlighting common core standards.  I appreciated was the enthusiasm of the teacher and that of her students. She made it look fun and so easy to teach. That is what I love about watching a good teacher-they make it look effortless! Here is the link-lots of great things to see! Tell me what you think... check out their blog!





4 comments:

  1. Thanks Mari Beth, instead of posting to my blog or working on my digital story I just spent the last 45 min watching Sesame Street clips on YouTube. Sure brings back some memories! Here'a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1dlWmrRstc

    But this ways always my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZshZp-cxKg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sounds very familiar. I am partial to the clips with numbers-thanks for posting "12". I have two more-"The Alligator King" and "Teeny Little Super Guy." Ethan couldn't believe what I was watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mari Beth, fun post! And your not old, I grew up watching Sesame Street too...Oscar the Grouch was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing this while singing "I Love Trash" another of my fav tunes!Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete