Sunday, February 3, 2013

Awake at 4:30 am...what to do?

Well, first things first...let the dogs out then make a hot cup of tea.  The house was quiet so I thought this would be a good time to do some research.  On went the computer!
After reading Richardson's chapter about flickr, I decided I needed to learn more about it. Is it similar to instagram (which I  have on my phone)?  Does it work the same way? Load a picture from my phone, share with my followers and wait for some comments?  Well, it is and it isn't.
Flickr is awesome! I immediately became lost.  I went to the explore tab.  I found a map with pictures from around the world, blogs with groups of photographers with similar interests, challenges, galleries, and a page with information about the most widely used cameras.
I have taken pictures since grade school.  I like to think I have gotten better over the years but...well, amateur is a good description!  I found through surfing flickr that I am not the only person who takes pictures of food for fun! Case in point...
So I might be the latest to join flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment