Sunday, February 3, 2013

PBL, makes sense to me!

Project-based learning or PBL was first introduced to me by my director last spring. She asked each of us to do some research on the subject and that she would like each class to work on a project during the following school year.  She supplied each teacher with some articles to read over the summer.  I liked what I was learning about PBL.  Students become more invested in their learning when they are interested in the subject- this, as teachers, we know to be true.
While looking for articles to place in my Diigo library, I came across edutopia which had many articles about PBL.

3 comments:

  1. I checked out edutopia. Thanks for sharing a great site. It is full of ways to differentiate for your high kids and how to incorporate technology too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great website! We just had a workshop on PBL and I'm excited to use it more in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the midst of having the kids work out a project for a butterfly garden. We watched a monarch develop and let it go in the fall. Now the class wants to prepare for its offspring when they return to CT. A big undertaking but I think they are excited about it. Have any ideas for projects for your crew?

      Delete