Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Views of New Literacies


My understanding of the term of “new literacies” pertains to the growth of technology that is being utilized in the education world.  Tools of technology (computers, e-readers, iPods, iPads, document readers, and so on) have changed the landscape of education.  With that change, teachers need to be able to use and to teach students how to find their way around the internet using different tools.  Teachers will show students how to read, to understand, and to assess the information being presented.
The NETS, like the CCSS, are standards created for students and teachers as a road map in the ever-changing digital world.
I am incorporating technology into my classroom by using it as a documentation tool.  I take photographs and movies of my students while they are in action.  I am able to share this documentation with my director as well as my student’s parents during conferences.  I am eager to learn more about integrating tech into my classroom practices.  My school is currently implementing the use of a web program, edoctrina .  For our professional development, each teacher is required to put in their units of study and lesson plans in order to create a cohesive scope and sequence for the school in anticipation of an upcoming accreditation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment